New Owners

What should I do if I am buying a property that already has Left Hand Water District water service?
You do not need to contact us at all. The paperwork and escrow of money needed for a property transfer is handled by the Title Company. The Title Company will contact us when they request an Escrow amount that will be withheld from the seller at your closing. These funds will be paid by the title company when we send them the seller’s final bill. The Title Company will give us your closing date and all your information as the new buyer. We will mail your first bill when we send the next scheduled billing depending on your billing cycle. Your first bill will include a Transfer Fee as well as your water charges. If the Title Company has not paid the seller’s final payment within three weeks after the closing date, we will transfer the seller’s unpaid balance to your account. If this happens, please call the Title Company and request them to make the payment immediately to avoid discontinuance of your services.

If I am interested in getting a NEW Left Hand Water District water tap, what should I do?
All new customers must start their process for NEW water service by completing a Tap Request.   If the request is for a commercial business or irrigation tap, the applicant must also fill out a Commercial Supplemental Form which assists the District in estimating the demand the tap will have on the system.

Owners Selling Their Property

What should I do if I am selling my property?
Transfer of property is normally handled by the Title Company completing the sale, and you do not need to call us to cancel your service. The Title Company will contact us to request an Escrow amount on your account. They will give us the closing date on your property and who the buyer will be. Your final bill will be paid by the Title Company with the escrowed funds held by them at the closing. If they withheld more than you owe, they will refund you the difference.

Comments are closed.