Utility Billing & Payment

There are two Water Utility Billing Statement cycles run each month.

Cycle 1 customers – live generally west of 95th Street in Boulder County; your bill is printed and mailed by the 15th of the month, and payment is due on the 11th of the following month.

Cycle 2 customers – live generally east of 95th Street; your bill is printed and mailed by the last day of the month, and is due on the 21st of the following month.

 Where to make a payment

• Mail to PO Box 210, Niwot, CO 80544-0210
• Make in person at the District office during regular office hours
• Put in the Drop Box located at the entrance of our office **
• Put in the Drop Box located in the parking lot of the Bank of the West located in Niwot off 2nd Avenue **

** Payments received after 9:00 a.m. are processed the next business day

Please Note: District personnel are prohibited from accepting payments in the field.

Methods of payment

• Cash
• Check*
• e-Check Online*
• Money Order
• Credit Card* – By phone, In person or Online.

• AutoPay* – automatically withdraws the amount due from your authorized bank account on the due date.  The easiest way to manage AutoPay is to utilize the Xpress Bill Pay service.  To have District personnel set it up, use our Authorization Form.

* Bank items returned for any reason will be charged a $25.00 Returned Item Fee per item.

What if I don’t pay my bill on time?
If your bill is not paid by the due date shown on your statement, you could be mailed a Shut-Off Notice stating that your service may be disconnected for non-payment.

What do I do if I receive a Shut-Off Notice?
To prevent disconnection of service, please pay your Past Due Amount by the date indicated on the Shut-Off notice AND call our office immediately at (303)530-4200 to notify the District that payment has been made. Payment Plans may be available for hardship or unusual circumstances.

What should I do if my service is disconnected?
If your service is disconnected due to non-payment on a past due account your total past due amount must be paid in full before water service will be reconnected. A Reconnect fee of $50.00 will be added to your total past due amount at the time the work order is generated and must also be paid before your service will be reconnected. Reconnection services are only available during regular business hours. If you are a tenant and the service is not in your name, please contact your Landlord. There will be a $150 tampering fine applied to any shut off customer that turns their meter back on. Removing the lid and operating the valve could cause damage to the wiring & to the meter itself.

If your service is left disconnected and no payments or arrangements have been made and/or if the Past Due Amount is in excess of $150 and is at least six (6) months delinquent, it may be collected in accordance with Section 32-1-1101 (1) (e), C.R.S, by certification to the county treasurer for collection in the same manner as taxes.

How do I get the water reconnected for a property in foreclosure?
The District will reconnect water service to a property in foreclosure, after completion of the Request for Reconnection, and payment of all fees. We will need a copy of the listing agreement or deed authorizing us to release information on the account.

Water service may be reconnected temporarily for inspection or property showing, with payment of a Reconnect Fee of $60. To reinstate regular service, payment of the total billed charges is required, and the Reconnect Fee is waived.

Comments are closed.